Kubernetes Cluster: Package Installation
Kubernetes Cluster solution is available for automatic installation via Jelastic Marketplace under the Clusters category (or use Search to locate).
Within the opened installation frame, customize the available options to get a cluster specifically for your needs:
- Application deployment
- Clean cluster with pre-deployed HelloWorld example
- Deploy custom helm or stack via shell command – chose this option to manually provide commands for custom application deployment from the helm repository
- Development: one master (1) and one scalable worker (1+)
- Production: multi master (3) with API balancers (2+) and scalable workers (2+)
- Kubernetes Dashboard – choose between the v1 (Stable) and v2 (Beta) options (the latter one provides a lot of improvements, including better UX)
- Attach dedicated NFS Storage with dynamic volume provisioning – uncheck if you want to register own storage class (requires in-depth K8s knowledge)
- Enable Remote API Access – tick if you plan on using the kubectl command-line tool or some other remote clients. It can be enabled later via the in-built Remote API add-on
- Install Prometheus & Grafana – check to install these monitoring tools (recommended). This deployment requires additional 5GB disk space for persistent volumes and consumes about 500 MB RAM. It can be configured later via the in-built Monitoring add-on
- Environment – provide a name for your environment
- Display Name – specify an alias
- Region – choose a region (if available)
Click Install and wait a few minutes for the platform to automatically configure your K8s cluster.