The Ports tab provides you with a general information on managing container ports at Jelastic PaaS.
The following ports are opened by default: 80, 8080, 8686, 8443, 4848, 4949, 7979.
Additional ports can be opened using:
- the incoming HTTPS traffic will be terminated on SLB and your node will receive the HTTP traffic
- the incoming requests to 80 and 443 ports will be redirected by SLB to the entry point on the node (see the ports auto-redirect section below)
Depending on the way chosen, just bind your service (application listener) to the received internal or external address.
Jelastic automatically performs redirect of the incoming requests to the application hosted within a container.
During a node creation, the platform detects the ports which are listened on the TCP level. The commonly used for standard services (e.g. SSH, mail, databases, etc.) are automatically filtered. The first among the remaining ports becomes the container entry point so that all incoming requests are forwarded to it.
This process is performed on each container launch, so the corresponding application becomes available over the embedded Shared Load Balancer just after being deployed, without any manual intervention required.
However, in case you need to disable or adjust this functionality (e.g. if it exposes application admin panel), you can manually change the auto-redirect settings during the container creation. For that, switch to the Variables section, add the dedicated JELASTIC_EXPOSE parameter and set its value based on your needs:
- 0 or DISABLED or FALSE – to disable auto-redirect
- a number within the 1-65535 range – to define a container port, which will receive the incoming traffic (i.e. where it will be redirected to)
- if any other value is stated, the auto-redirect functionality will work as usual
Alternatively, a comma-separated list of ports can be provided via the JELASTIC_PRIORITY_PORTS variable. The platform checks them one by one, configuring the entry point redirect to the first active service discovered. This option can speed up container startup time compared to the all ports analysis during the default auto-redirect flow.