How to Deploy Magento into Jelastic PHP Cloud
Magento is an extremely popular open source e-commerce service powered by PHP. It provides a flexible modular architecture enhanced with agile ecosystem to continually adapt, customize and extend your platform. This allows Magento to be much more versatile than most e-commerce platforms at storing a large range of data.
With Jelastic PaaS, you can not just integrate Magento instance to the platform but also get a clustered solution out-of-the-box. So, let’s have a better insight into these options:
Magento Cluster Automatic Installation
You can have a reliable and auto-scalable Magento Cluster solution for e-commerce websites up and running within minutes using the one-click installation package. If you already registered at Jelastic PaaS, it can be installed directly from your dashboard using Jelastic Marketplace.
If you don’t have an account, you can automatically get it and, simultaneously, initiate Auto-Scalable Magento Cluster solution installation – just click the Get it hosted now button below and fill the form within the opened page.
As a result, you’ll get a new environment with the following topology:
Instruction on Manual Magento Installation
In case you are intended to gain the full control over non-clustered Magento installation, we also prepared the detailed guide on its manual deployment. Follow the step-by-step instruction below to get your PHP Magento application inside Jelastic PaaS:
1. Log in to your Jelastic account and click New Environment at the top left corner of the dashboard:
2. Within the opened topology wizard, switch to the PHP tab, add the Apache application server and the MySQL database.
3. After creation, click the Config button next to your Apache server to check if the appropriate modules are activated.
4. Navigate to the /etc/php.ini file, locate and uncomment the following extensions as it is shown in the image below:
5. Save file and Restart nodes to apply changes.
1. While your project is deployed and dependencies installed, you can create a dedicated database with user. Click the Open in Browser button for your MySQL node.
2. Log in with credentials you’ve received via email after environment creation. Switch to the User accounts tab and click the Add user account link.
3. Provide the desired User name and Password for your new account.
Tick the Create database with same name and grant all privileges option and click Go at the bottom of the page.
1. Click the Open in Browser button for your application server.
2. The process of installation is rather simple, just follow the displayed steps.
3. Let’s pay attention to the Add a Database step. Fill in the fields by specifying your database host (for example can be seen in the appropriate email) and credentials of a user created in the previous section:
4. Configure your Magento installation through the other steps and click Install Now on the last one to proceed.
That’s all! Now you can start working with Magento in Jelastic PaaS.